Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell's theorem - for or against Hidden Variables?
JC wrote: Speaking of money owed to me, not only Richard D. Gill owes me 10,000 Euros since June 2014, but also Scott Aaronson owes me 100,000 Dollars since March 2007.

Don't make bets like these! 100 euros maybe, no more. You'll never collect, makes it much more difficult for one side or the other to admit mistakes, raises the emotional level exponentially, could involve legal hassles. Bad idea.

JC wrote: "... product of the limits = limits of the product ..."

That's true, usually. But has nothing to do with the present case. For one thing the script-E is not a limit but a finite sum (average) over N data points. Also we're dealing here with sums (and differences) not products. True the two "sign" terms are multiplied but neither is a limit. So in this case the relevant statement is "sum of the sums = sums of the sum" - or similar. Very true, but supports Gill's position not JC's.

JC wrote: It would be of interest to sociologists and historians of science, who might want to know how the false dogma of "Bell's theorem" was imposed on the physics community for so long, by a few fanatic individuals with vested interests, who stopped at nothing to prevent the truth from coming out.

Replace "Bell's theorem" with the false dogma of your choice and this is a profound statement!

I see this controversy is an old one. And, that it would require quite a bit of study to absorb all this new stuff. That's too bad because the issue is really very simple and deserves a simple straightforward answer. Give me a few days ... or weeks ...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bell's theorem - for or against Hidden Variables? - by secur - 08-25-2016, 11:56 PM