Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell's theorem - for or against Hidden Variables?
" ... Gill assumes (as I do) that those measurements take place in an SO(3) world, while Christian assumes SU(2), quaternionic or spin space. The actual numbers which result would tell which is correct."

Here's what Christian defines as measure space: "It is also crucial to appreciate that the spin angular momenta L(s, λ) (i.e., the bivectors) trace out an su(2) 2-sphere within the group manifold SU(2) ∼ S3, not a round S2 within IR3 as Gill has incorrectly assumed." http://arxiv.org/pdf/1501.03393v6.pdf

"Einstein said that quantizing gravity was like attempting to breath in empty space."

Here's what Einstein said about breathing in empty space: "It is maintained that perhaps the success of the Heisenberg method points to a purely algebraical method of description of nature, that is to the elimination of continuous functions from physics. Then, however, we must also give up by principle, the space-time continuum. It is not unimaginable that human ingenuity will someday find methods which will make it possible to proceed along such a path. At the present time, however, such a program seems like an attempt to breathe in empty space. (The Theory of Relativity and Other Essays.)

"At the present time, the opinion prevails that a field theory must first, by 'quantization' be transformed into a statistical theory of field probabilities according to more or less established rules. I see in this method only an attempt to described relationships of an essential nonlinear character by linear methods." (The Meaning of Relativity)

Has anything changed that would eliminate spacetime? No.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bell's theorem - for or against Hidden Variables? - by Thomas Ray - 08-24-2016, 06:03 PM