Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell's theorem - for or against Hidden Variables?
To answer your question ... I don't know that aging process can't be reversed. In fact I'm quite confident it can. Within 100 years, assuming bioscience continues to progress at its current rate, "immortality" treatments will probably be available. But that has nothing to do with reversing "time" per se. When old bodies are rejuvenated - transformed into healthy 20-year old bodies - the medical treatment involved, whatever it may be, will proceed in the forward time direction and be explicable in scientific terms. No magic or time-reversal involved.

How do I know that time itself can't be reversed? That I can't travel back to 1963 and warn Kennedy to stay away from Dallas (for instance)? In fact I don't know it can't be done. I doubt it very much, for reasons of science, philosophy, logic. However it's a theoretical possibility. I can even imagine ways it might be done, which are of course extremely speculative.

Talking about time, I finally see the underlying "trick" of Hess and Philipp! I can explain how I figured it out, if anyone's interested. It's based on the fact that in actual lab experiments, it's not straightforward to determine which detection at station A pairs with which detection at station B. The way it's done in practice is, each station emits a "time-tag" along with the binary spin detection. If two time-tags are close enough - within a window - they are assumed to belong to entangled particles, otherwise the detection is invalid (discarded). So, by modifying the time-tags by a formula based on the detector settings, you can violate Bell inequality. Basically, if the angles are too far apart, discard that pair. They don't do it that simply, but it could be done that simply.

They never mention this in their paper, instead you have to dig it out. What Gill refers to as Hess and Philipp's "non-elements-of-reality" (tongue partly in cheek) amounts to a variable which operates in the post-detection selection process. The variable decides whether a pair of detections is valid based on the difference between the two time-tags. Which depends on the difference of the two detector settings! QED.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bell's theorem - for or against Hidden Variables? - by secur - 08-01-2016, 01:32 AM