Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dBB field theories in the relativistic domain
Ward Struyve is indeed a good example of a dBB supporter looking for serious problems in dBB theory.  In arxiv:0904.0764 I had to make some computations to solve another problem he has proposed.  

Struyve's "minimalist model" I see just as a useful tool for discussions, to meet claims that there exist no viable variant of dBB theory for RQFT, in discussions where the opponents want to reject realism together with causality to preserve fundamental relativity, a sort of second defense line or so.  It is clearly not a satisfactory model.  

Regarding the right-handed neutrinos I'm quite optimistic, I would have included them into my model even without any evidence about neutrino masses. Anyway, my theory predicts that they do not have any interactions with any gauge fields, so they would be unobservable. 

In my opinion it is clear that relativistic symmetry is only a large distance approximation.  The Lorentz group is nothing but the symmetry group of the standard wave equation 
\[ \square u(t,x) = (\partial_t^2 - \partial_i^2) u(t,x) = 0.\]
Of course, there will be a lot of more complex wave equations of similar form for various vector and tensor fields, which will have the same symmetry group too.  Now, this wave equation is the natural large distance limit of a normal lattice theory.  But for the lattice theory, the Lorentz group is no longer a symmetry group.  

The idea that this symmetry group, which appears in such a natural way as an approximation in a natural equation we already know from standard acoustics, is, instead, some fundamental theory, is imho quite artificial.

Messages In This Thread
RE: dBB field theories in the relativistic domain - by Schmelzer - 06-09-2016, 06:50 PM